Lay up management
Lay up management is essential for handling the wide range of technical and financial issues that arise when taking vessels out of service for a period of time.
Successful lay-up management should be measured as a best possible combination of:
- Complete evaluation of the lay-up site towards weather conditions, mooring arrangement and security;
- Assessment of the lay-up manager and the services it provides;
- Evaluation of the lay-up procedures whether in compliance with Class and Insurance guidelines;
- Complete assessment of applicable equipment maintenance and scope;
- Availability of dehumification options;
- Available of ship reactivation options when lay up period is over.